Bid for a 470 Championship
The 470 Internationale welcomes bids from around the world to host International 470 Championships.
All bids should comply with the requirements of the 470 Class Championship Organisation Manual.
Please note that the Championship Organization Manual (version November 2012) is currrently in the process of being updated and will be subject to some changes.
We are inviting bids for events in 2017 and 2018. The 2015 General Assembly Meeting, taking place on 28 June 2015 during the 2015 Open European Championships, will decide the bids for the following Championships:
- 2017 470 World Championships
- 2017 470 Junior World Championships
- 2017 470 European Championships
- 2017 470 Junior European Championships
- 2017 470 Master's Cup
- 2018 470 Junior World Championships
- 2018 470 European Championships
- 2018 470 Junior European Championships
- 2018 470 Master's Cup
Take a look at the 470 Championship Organisation Plan to see future venues already decided.
Please be aware that we combine the Open Junior 470 European Championship with the 420 Class Junior European Championship. In 2016 it is the the 420 Class who will decide the venue for the Championship.
All bids are presented for approval by the 470 General Assembly Meeting, which is held annually, either during an International 470 Championship or in conjunction with the ISAF Annual Conference. The details below set out the requirements for bidding.
All bids should be submitted by 1 June 2015, and will be considered at the 2015 470 General Assembly meeting which will take place on 28 June 2015 during the 2015 470 Open European Championships. If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
The bid shall be submitted using the Championship Bid Applicant Form and shall include, at least, the following information and documents:
- a declaration signed by the President or the Secretary General of the National 470 Class Association, and endorsed by the President of the proposed Organising Authority; this letter shall specify the Championship(s) and the year(s) for which this organisation is proposed, shall include the preferred dates, as well as the other possible dates or impossible dates and shall explain the reasons why the National 470 Class Association considers this candidature valuable for the 470 Class and for the relevant country or area; this letter shall also state and show evidence that no existing national law or regulation might prevent one or some National 470 Class Associations to take part in the Championship;
- a declaration by the President of the proposed Organising Authority acknowledging that he has read the 470 Class Championship Organisation Manual and that he agrees on applying it for the proposed organisation; if any, this letter shall list any departure from the requirements of the Manual that the proposed Organising Authority would like to introduce or discuss, and provide rationale accordingly (refer to the typical applicant form here after);
- a presentation of the proposed Organising Authority: venue, name and type (Sailing Club, group of Clubs, other types), number of members, financial turnover, facilities ashore, available equipment for regattas, description of the race area (map, wind conditions, currents, traffic, …);
- a presentation of the references and experience of the proposed Organising Authority in the organisation of similar events;
- an estimate of the total budget needed for the proposed organisation, and the associated financial plan expected by the Organising Authority (entry fees, subsidies, sponsorship fees, merchandising, others);
- any additional information and comments that the applicant feels necessary to give to complete the bid.
Please complete and submit your bid by 1 June 2015 on the 470 Championship Bid Applicant Form.
Your bid(s) has(have) to be sent to the International 470 Class Association by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com if you need further information.